What is Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation?
The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique, also known as Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™ is a scalpel-free, suture-free, graft-free, minimally invasive procedure for correcting gum recession and saving teeth. Through a small hole made by a needle, specially designed instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it over the receding part of the tooth. Since there is no cutting or stitching, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms, such as pain, swelling and bleeding. Most patients are able to resume normal light activities within 24-48 hours after treatment (excluding working out and strenuous activities).
What are the consequences of gum recession?
Gum recession is the process in which the margin of the gum wears away or pulls back from the crown of the teeth. Receding gum forms gaps between the teeth and gum line, making it easy for disease-causing bacteria to build-up and destroy teeth. If left untreated, gum recession can cause severe damage to the supporting tissue and bone structures of the teeth.
Why do gums recede?
Some of the most common causes for gum recession include:
- Crooked teeth or misaligned bite
- Clenching and grinding teeth
- Periodontal diseases
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Insufficient dental care
- Hormonal changes
- Tobacco products
- Body piercing of the lip or tongue[/one_half]
The benefits of the Pinhole gum rejuvenation procedure:
- Can correct gum recession in as little as 1 treatment session.
- Minimal discomfort and swelling in most cases because the method is scalpel-free, suture-free, and graft-free.
- Has Long term results.
- The pinholes heal in 24 hours in most cases.
- Can prevent tooth loss and the need for other costly procedures such as implants or dentures.
- Enhances a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- Treatment sessions can be completed in as little as 1-2 hours in most cases.
- Most patients are back to normal light activities within 24-48 hours post procedures
Learn more about the Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation Technique by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Salama.